Sugarland – Love on the Inside (Release date: July 22, 2008 )
My second favorite country album of 2008. It comes in very close behind Lady Antebellum’s release earlier this year.
There is something about Sugarland that I just love. I have liked their music since the first album, ya know, back when they were a trio. I liked them when they lost the third member and went on as a duo. I loved them when they put out that emotional STAY. And, now I love them even more. Jennifer Nettles looks and sounds great. Whenever I see her and bandmate, Kristian Bush, I smile. They look like they are enjoying everything that they have earned. They seem to appreciate life and are genuinely grateful for their successes. They are truly a joy to watch.
The new album, LOVE ON THE INSIDE, is one of their best. How do they just keep upping the status quo? This is the first album of Sugarland to be #1 on the country charts. If only Miley Cyrus did not exist, they would have taken the top spot on the Top 100 on Billboard. Damn her.
What do I not love about this album? I think the only track I could do without is Genevieve. Even still, I’ll listen. On the deluxe fan edition, I was thrilled to hear the live version of “Life in a Northern Town” that they performed with Little Big Town and Jake Owens as well as a live cover of a Matt Nathanson song, “Come on Get Higher”. Who would have thought?
So the true gems of this album are:
- “All I wanna do” – just a fun summer song and the video is great too
- “It happens” – I love when she says, “pshhh…..it happens” I think that was intentional. It was also intentional that it is my new ringtone. Ha
- “We run” – Just a great mid-tempo song. Sing sing sing.
- “Love” – wonderful ballad showcasing both Nettles and Bush.
- “Take Me As I Am”
- “Very last Country Song” – what if we didn’t have problems. Then this would be the last country song you’d hear. for sure.
- “What I’d Give” – a true longing
- “Fall Into Me” – another great ballad.
Another great thing about this album is that we get to hear more of Kristian Bush. Long time coming…
So, can you tell that I loved it? Some nice country pop. 10!